|An extremely important
part of this conference will be attendee participation via poster presentations. The posters will
serve to not only: (1) broaden the scope of the workshop, but also to:
(2) catalyze in-depth one-on-one discussions of biofilm science and
technology as it relates to the SMCMB Conference theme. Suggestions for poster topics include:
Poster Submission: Posters may be submitted for general content/subject review to Dr. Harry Ridgway no later than 14 December 2018.
- General Biofilm Science: occurence,
distribution, resistance, survival, persistance, pathogen sequestration
(especially with a focus on potable water sources or treatment systems)
- Small-Molecule Control of Biofilms: quorum signals, cueing agents, biocides, microbiome, probiotics
- Biofilm Composition/Structure: phylogenetic makeup, biochemistry, rheology, EPS properties
- Bacterial Adhesion: mechanisms, interference with, control strategies by small molecules
- Membrane Chemistries/Structure: antibiofouling surfaces, antibacterial polymers, tethered biocides/signal compounds, antibiofilm spacer chemistries
- In-Silico Drug Discovery/Design of Anti-Biofilm Agents: virtual ligand screening, receptor/enzyme binding motifs, homology modeling, bioinformatics/cheminformatics approaches
- "Green" Biocide Studies: target identification/discovery, mechanisms
Poster Format: Posters should be submitted as PDF documents to THIS email address. If the document is >5MB, please upload to a convenient URL for downloading and review (e.g., TinyUpload, Dropbox, etc.). Some useful guidlines for successful poster presentations are found HERE. Posters must be accompanied by at least one registered workshop attendee who will be available for discussions and questions throughout the meeting.
Poster Display Venue: At the workshop, posters will be promenently and conveniently displayed throughout the meeting. In addition, two special poster sessions will be combined with early-evening social/reception events.